I am fairly obsessed with makeup. I’ve gone through eye shadow phases, lipstick phases and blush phases. Now in my late 20s, I’ve finally figured out a makeup regime that works for me. After watching a million youtube videos and seeing hundreds of girls applying makeup~ I find that no matter what~ I still have my own preferences and style. One that probably doesn’t work for other girls, but what works for my face, my eye shape, and my comforts.
I have a round face, so I prefer to use a heavier hand with bronzer, blush, highlighter. It helps me to shape my face to a round oval and give myself a jawline. Additionally, my monolids have a more slanted almond shape, so I am really particular about my eye makeup & eyebrow shape. Most girls use wingtip or accentuate the almond shape (like when I get my makeup done), but I try to make it a more rainbow shape. lol Does that make any sense?
SOMEDAY…I’ll get to a makeup tutorial about how I prefer to do my own makeup…but for now… here are the products I’m using right now:
Foundation: I am between shades right now, so I mix Revlon Photoready in 004 Nude and 005 Natural Beige
Powder: True Match Powder, W4, Natural Beige
Blush: NARS, Orgasm
Bronzer: Wet N’ Wild Coloricon, 739, Ticket to Brazil
Highlighter: Milani Powder, 02, Light Medium
Eyebrows: Croquise stick in Dark Brown
Lipgloss: Smashbox in Radiant
Mascara: Maybelline Rocket Volum Express in Blackest Black
Eye Shadows: 1. Milani, 15, Golden Touch
2. Bobbi Brown Velvet Plum Eye Palete, color Espresso
Eyeliner: Maybelline Master Drama in Black
I finally got the chance to try out this fall’s new lipstick trend: dark red/wine lips.
THE BEST PART of this entire trial? I found the colors in my own lipstick collection! I had bought a few darker colors a year or two ago and found that it didn’t really compliment my skin the same way bright colors did (bright pinks/reds). But with the help of this trend coming back, I gave it another try. =)
NARS: Damaged (matte color)
Fresh: Sugar Plum (added on top for some shine and moisture)
The light wasn’t on my side, so these pics are a bit dark.
What do you think? Love it or Hate it?
Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Shade
New Products to Try:
Cover Girl chubby stick in 002. A Sheer pink that I like for summer. I wish it had a little more pigment, but then again…it wouldn’t be sheer right?
2 new Revlon nail colors: Dark Pink and White ❤
Foundation brush for my mama who just got into using foundation. She normally uses a foundation stick and her fingers. But after getting her makeup done at the wedding, she’s a new believer in using a foundation brush! It really helps create a flawless finish (I think).
A couple of Sunday’s ago, I went to this little Persian store near my place and picked up some fun makeup! I’m a huge fan of NYX and love the variety of products and colors available to me =)
Eye Shadow: Navy Blue
Nail Polish: LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink/purple glitter. So festive, flirty and fun!
Lipsticks: 571A Hot Pink & 643 Femme
Absolutely LOVED these lipsticks. The pigment was rich, the color wasn’t too glossy or matte, and it stayed it had great staying power on my lips. I wouldn’t say these lipsticks were super moisturizing~ but that’s probably why it stayed on my lips longer than other lipsticks (like Revlon‘s Lip Butter)
LipGloss: 161 Beautiful
Comes out Clear with a super light pink tint
This is my faaaavorite foundation right now. It covers a lot, is flawless once it’s on and it comes out beautifully in pictures. I’m pretty picky about foundations and the way they make me look (since I’m on the yellow side). LOVE LOVE LOVE and it’s less than $15 at CVS!
Went to Target with my co-worker today during lunch and found a TON of unnecessary items that I HAD to buy! (of course)
Starting from the top…
1. Herbal Essences Condition in Hello Hydration. It has a coconut-y smell that I LOVE in the summer. Plus the extra hydration helps heal my hair from the harsh sun, chlorine and beach (salt water).
2. Grapefruit Scrub by Up and Up. Basically the same as the Neutrogena one but way cheaper.
3. Visibly Bright face wash by Neutrogena. I have never tried this before but I’ve been looking to mix up my skin care in the morning so I hope this will “visibly brighten” my skin. ( hehe pun intended)
4. Nail Polish. Up and Up in the nail strengthening line. Super cheap and works great!
5. Rimmel bronzer. I’ve bought this before and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It’s easy to use and has a rich pigment. (#027 Sun Dance)
6. Maybelline Volum’Express Mascara: The Mega Plush. I’ve never tried this one before but I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this brand of mascara. Not only does it make my eyelashes look 10x thicker, but it keeps my curled eyelashes…curled! Most mascaras are so heavy that they weigh them back down but this line of Maybelline is AMAZZING. (#275 very Black)
7. Maybelline Master Drama by Eyestudio. I bought this color a few weeks ago (here and here) in Midnight Master. It glided on so smoothly, stayed in place all day (with the help of NYX eye primer) and it was INCREDIBLY rich in pigment. LOVED that. Therefore, with my penchant for buying things I love in every color…I bought #405 Vibrant Violet today. Can’t wait to try it! Purple really brings out my brown eyes (since they’re lighter than most Asian eyes) and it helps me to line my bottom lashes without a harsh black.
8. And FINALLY…more lip butters from Revlon!! I have 3 of these already and can’t get enough of them. They are creamy, rich, have a wide variety of colors and they’re such a steal for under $8! I actually loved my #045 Cotton Candy so much that I bought a replacement today. My second color is a lighter, more pastel shade of pink: #055 cupcake. Can’t wait to add these to my lip collection. I swear adding a little color to your lips (clear gloss or lipstick) really changes your appearance and brings your makeup together. LOVE.
and that’s all folks! Will let you know how these products work out! If you have a brand or color that you love, please share! I’d love to try it out~ xoxo
I bought both of these items on a whim and I’m SOO SOO glad I did!!
The Falsies Black Drama Mascara: These make my lashes look like I have falsies! Literally~ It’s incredible, dark, thick and clumpy (which I love). It also doesn’t weigh down my lashes which is always a problem. If I curl my eyelashes, most mascaras bring it down and straighten it out right away. Not this formula! I HIGHLY recommend this tube. You won’t regret it!
Revlon Top Speed Nail Polish in Guava: goes on super smooth, dries incredibly quickly and has an intense pigment so you don’t have to worry about more than 1-2 quotes.